It sure is convenient just to buy pre-ground meat. However, if you wish to make the best meat burgers or sausages, you need to grind your own meat, which is made possible if you’re equipped with the best meat grinders.
After all, wouldn’t you want full control over what goes inside your meat burgers? Imagine all the fun you’ll have experimenting with various combinations of lean and fat meat or trying out different cuts?
All sorts of meat grinders can be found nowadays. These vary in type and size and feature hand-operated grinders to industrial grinders for when you need to process larger meat quantities.
The beauty of having your very own meat grinder is that you get to grind cuts that are to your liking, giving you full control over the ingredients used, the desired texture, flavour, and how juicy you want the sausages or burgers. You will be afforded endless opportunities to create meatballs, burgers, sausages, meat filling for a bolognese dish, and even casseroles.
We want to help you source the best meat grinders to suit your needs so that you can make the most mouthwatering recipes.
Bosch ProPower Meat Grinder Black
This is the one for you if you like a meat grinder that is a real boon and kitchen helper, enabling you to grind fish and meat, grate and slice cheese or veggies, squeeze fruit, and a whole lot more.
The Bosch meat grinder might be pricey, but it’s well worth it. Take it from us; the machine features 20 different functions to produce the perfect result on any occasion.
It is really easy to focus on your cooking skills when you have a Bosch ProPower meat grinder by your side. There is no need to worry about washing the unit in-between batches. You simply load the meat grinder and carry on working with fresh meat.
The included attachments afford you with the opportunity to process and shred cheese or even make juices, should the occasion arise.
- Very large filling tray to make provision for bigger meat loads, which saves you time during a mince making procedure.
- Parts are all made from food-grade materials to ensure good hygienic practices.
- Pushing stick is included to push all cuts into the funnel.
- The powerful 2200W motor will handle any meat processing an easy task.
- Brushless stainless steel body ensures a stylish look.
- All parts can be washed under your tap.
- A hidden compartment that allows storage of all your attachments
- Can be too noisy at times
Moulinex Electric Meat Mince 4-In-1
- The HV8 meat grinder ensures fast and efficient results
- Prepare delicious meatballs, chopped steaks and kebés every day with freshly chopped meat
- Meat grinder with a capacity of 4.5 kg/min
Wouldn’t it be just fantastic if you could grind your way through any meat? Besides, meat grinders are supposed to work well with any kind of meat. Otherwise, it would not have much value as a kitchen helper.
You may think that any meat grinder would automatically grind its way through various cuts without any issues. There are some brands where the machine gets clogged up. This is not a problem for the Moulinex as it features a powerful 2200 W motor.
Regardless of the type of meat you want to grind, the large capacity meat tray and incredible work rate, lets you grind different types of meat effortlessly.
The top quality self-sharpening blades do a fantastic job of cutting through tough cuts to help you experiment with various recipes. Did we mention the secure reverse function that makes the Moulinex extra safe to use?
What’s more, when you unbox the grinder, you will discover attachments to help you make sausages and kebabs. All-in-all, this is an exceptional piece of machinery for grinding meat for all sorts of occasions.
- Practical compartment for storing all your accessories
- Power cord compartment to safeguard your cords
- Ergonomic handle for portability
- Grinds up to 4.5kg of meat
- All parts are washable by hand.
- Limited grinding plates
Kenwood Meat Grinder Silver
- 1600 W power
- Durable die-cast brushed metal body
- On/off/reverse switch
This is a meat grinder brand that speaks quality and reliability, which can be seen in its premium brushed metal body and compact design. You can easily mince up to 2kg of meat in less than a minute.
Furthermore, the stainless steel mincer and metal hopper make it a perfect addition to modern-day kitchens.
Couple this with the meat dish and dust cover, together with three mincing screens to bring you finer, medium, or coarser textures, and you have yourself a winner.
What is really cool is the kebbe-maker attachments that are neatly stored inside the pusher.
- Durable and hard-wearing metal body
- Kebbe and sausage maker attachments
- Reverse switch to assist when meat gets stuck
- 1600 Watt power
- The meat grinder is not dishwasher friendly.
- Mincer’s throat is a bit narrow.
Homely Food Processor, Meat Grinder Mini
- ✔MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FOOD CHOPPER - This small food processor is equipped with 4 stainless steel blades and 2 modes to choose from. You can chop, grind various ingredients, such as onions, meat, ham, garlic, onion, small herbs. HOMEASY mini chopper is an ideal gift for your friend and family.
- ✔SHARP AND EFFICIENT - HOMEASY electric food proccessor comes with real power 350W, which is more efficient and fast. 4 stainless steel blades 4D design allows the upper and lower blades to evenly chop food from every angle of 360 degrees.
- ✔LARGE CAPACITY AND DURABILITY - HOMESAY food grinder is equipped with a stainless steel bowl and 2L capacity. Compared with glass bowls, it is stronger, healthier and shock-proof, ensuring durability. The joint connection between blade and the main body is made of stainless steel unlike other plastic one thus the blade is not easy to break off.
When you’re looking for an easier way to grind your meat, then you would do well to opt for a Homeasy Food Processor. The 4 stainless steel blades and 2 modes do an incredible job of chopping various ingredients such as small herbs, onion, meat, ham, garlic, and more.
Do not let the fact that it’s a mini meat grinder fool you. The 350W power is sufficient for working with 500 grams of pork or beef, which it chops fine in less than 25 seconds.
The stainless steel blades are designed in such a way that it allows the lower and upper blades to chop your meat evenly at a 360-degree angle. While we’re on the topic of blades, you will be happy to know that they are super easy to disassemble and fairly easy to clean too. Unlike other chopping machines, the entire structure is robust and will not easily break off.
The Homeasy will give you good service for several years as long as you adhere to the necessary precautions. The most important rule to remember is to ensure you give the machine 2-minutes of cooling off time after using it for 30 seconds and refrain from continuously using the machine for extended periods.
- Large capacity: The stainless steel bowl holds up to 2L at a time.
- Two chopping speeds and very easy to operate
- Multi-functional and the perfect gift for food lovers
- User-friendly and easy to clean
- Features a non-slip mat to prevent slipping issues when using the machine
- Not suitable for use with ice cubes or bones
- Cannot add sticky substances like bread and cream, or flour and eggs.
KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder Attachment – B07GK7XKJK
- Designed, engineered, and tested by KitchenAid
- Simply attach the metal food grinder to the power hub of any KitchenAid stand mixer*. then let the mixer do all the work. *Stand mixer sold separately.
- Convenient front pocket
Another option if you have the KitchenAid Mixer in your kitchen already is to get yourself the Food Grinder attachment so you may grind meat without still having to purchase a free-standing grinder.
The unit features three different plates made from durable steel to allow you to grind various food groups such as veggies, fruits, cheese, and meat varieties.
Plus, you get a food pusher, two sausage stuffer tubes as well as a cleaning brush. What’s more, the unit is solid and very easy to disassemble for cleaning purposes.
It is good to know that there is a plastic version of this food grinder attachment that features two grind plates. There are no sausage stuffer tubes included though. We suggest you get yourself the metal version as you can look forward to improved performance this way.
- Very easy to use as you simply attach it to your KitchenAid mixer within seconds
- Everything can be pulled apart quickly for effortless cleaning.
- Plenty of grinding options due to the three grind plates
- Affordable if you already have the mixer at home
- The quality of your grinding efforts is average as you may struggle with fatty meats that clog easily.
Reasons Why it Makes Sense to Ditch Store-Bought Meats in Favour of Home Meat Grinders
Follow along as we dive into some of the main reasons why you need to consider home meat grinders:
- Healthier: When you grind your own meat, it is so much healthier compared to prepackaged meat. For one, you’ll know exactly what your ground meat has in it.
- The texture is better: The overall look of your meat will be a lot fresher, moister, and loose to make food dishes simpler to prepare. You will not risk oxidizing your meat, which is often the case with store-bought meat.
- Improved flavours: Since you’re in charge of the cut, kind of meat, and how much fat it contains, you will influence the final taste of the burger or sausage you make once it’s placed on the grill.
What to Look for in a Meat Grinder
There are numerous features to compare when you’re thinking about buying your new meat grinder. One of the first things you need to pay attention to is whether you will opt for an electric or a manual grinder.
Let’s take a closer look at each one so you can make an informed decision.
Electric Meat Grinders
You do not have to depend on manual power and give out a lot of energy, which is great if you intend grinding a lot of meat within a short space of time.
For sausage making, it makes perfect sense to opt for electric as the start and stop process can be frustrating when using a manual machine.
- You can grind more meat all at once.
- Great for grinding meat fast
- It is much easier to come up with different meat consistencies.
- May need more maintenance.
- Pricier than manual grinders
It is a lot easier to produce different meat textures as you get to use different plates. The only issue is that electric grinders are way bigger than manually operated meat grinders and take up more space as a result.
Operating a manual grinder is quite labour intensive. Therefore, it is best to work with smaller meat quantities. It serves its purpose quite well if you make gourmet beef patties now and again.
As you do not need electricity, you can use it whenever required. What is nice about manual grinders is that it requires hardly any maintenance and cheaper than the electric grinders.
- Very easy to maintain
- Use it anywhere
- Much cheaper to operate
- Takes longer to grind meat due to smaller load capacity
Other things you need to think about when looking for the perfect meat grinder.
How much meat you want to grind. If you are not that passionate about grilling sausages or burgers, you will be wasting time and money to buy the electric machines. Electric models grind bulk amounts in less than a minute.
It makes more sense getting yourself a KitchenAid attachment or a manual grinder as you can easily handle smaller quantities this way.
Should you decide to buy an electric grinder, you must look for a meat grinder with a powerful motor to ensure it does a good job of grinding your meat while it serves you for many years.
The right attachments are just as important such as multiple plates that allow you to experiment with different grind sizes.
Grinders with a reverse function are ideal for helping you clear blockages, which tends to be a regular occurrence.
Be sure to settle for a grinder that features stainless steel blades as these are rust-resistant and hypoallergenic. Besides, you want blades that stay sharp for longer.
Let’s face it, no kitchen would be complete without a meat grinder, whether it be manually or electrically operated.
The mere fact that most models are designed to accommodate meat chopping and grinding and other tasks to do with food groups like garlic, fresh herbs, fruits, and veggies makes it a worthwhile investment by far.
It is easy to operate meat grinders as you simply load your desired meat quantity into the funnel and let the device take care of the rest. Especially if you consider that these valuable kitchen appliances keep getting better, newer models are said to process bones and even frozen meat.
One last thing to remember. Please ensure you follow your manufacturer’s exact instructions to ensure your grinder keeps operating efficiently for years to come.
When you make a hamburger, ensure you grind your meat twice—once using the coarse plate and a second time using the even grind.
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API