I'm sure that we've all been there, you're trying to achieve that smoky, tender meat for all your guests but it's starting to get dark and you don't know if you're going to have time, an absolute disaster. Investing into a hybrid or a dual fuel BBQ means that you have the option for a slower cook with that classic flavour, or a quicker cook if you've got a boat load of guests and little time.
We've had a look through and all the different options and brought it down to the absolute best on the market, and the best value options too, so there's a little something for everyone.
Char-Broil Gas2Coal 440 Hybrid Grill Gas Barbecue
Char-Broil Gas2Coal 440 Hybrid Grill Gas Barbecue, Black
- Gas2Coal Patented Charcoal Tray - ensures less flare-ups and uniform heat for cooked, tastily food
- Stainless Steel Burners - strong, durable burners that are built to last
- Electronic Igniter - lights up your grill at the push of a button
- Porcelain Coated Cooking Cast Iron Grates - durable porcelain coating on these cooking grates makes them rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge - monitor the inside temperature of your grill
A top of the range option, this BBQ is from one of the most well-respected brands in the industry, Char-Broil are known for their top products and products that last too.
This BBQ is built for convenience, it'll make your time cooking as luxurious as possible, a built in temperature gauge and a simple button to get that gas going will keep you as relaxed as possible through the process.
The large space for grilling but a neat space for coal and gas, this tidy little BBQ takes up as little room as possible, far smaller than an individual gas and coal cooker.
Char-Broil The Big Easy® - Smoker, Roaster and Grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy® - Smoker, Roaster and Grill with TRU-Infrared™ technology, Black Finish.
- TRU-Infrared cooking system - cooks food evenly, with less flare-ups to give up to 50% juicier food and uses up to 30% less gas.
- Cook without the extra fat - smoke meat, roast chicken, or grill steaks without oil.
- Grill top - removable, easy to clean porcelain coated cooking grates that grill steaks and vegetables, without flare-ups.
- Rotary ignition - lights quickly and easily with the turn of a knob.
- Roaster - roast up to 11kg of meat using the cooking basket with adjustable racks.
- Rib hooks - comes with 4 rib hooks to roast mouth-watering ribs.
Another great option by Char-Broil, this BBQ is extremely versatile and will keep your garden as tidy as possible, as it serves as a smoker, a roaster and a grill!
This is also why this is the product for the best value, as it provides so much in just one price, along with a two-year guarantee and an assurance of how long it'll last by such a great name as Char-Broil.
The option as a roaster is something you wont find in very many BBQs in the current market, and being able to roast 11kg of chicken without oil is an amazing little addition that other BBQs wont have. It can also do ribs, with 4 rib hooks!
Boss Grill Premium Dual Fuel - 2 Burner Dual Fuel BBQ
Boss Grill Premium Dual Fuel - 2 Burner Dual Fuel BBQ with Side Burner Stainless
- Split, dual fuel design offers the convenience of gas and authentic charcoal flavours
- The double-layered lid keeps the heat in as you cook
- A height-adjustable charcoal tray helps you to control your cooking
- Cast iron cooking grids deliver durability, as well as adding those authentic grill lines to burgers and more
- A bottle opener provides extra convenience for the perfect BBQ
This Boss grill is another premium, top of the range product built to offer the best of both worlds, with a massive area to cook with for either gas or charcoal, and adjustable rack whilst your cooking.
Boss are another fantastic brand that we can put our trust in, they make a lot of their products, like this one, with cast iron, so you know it's durable and will keep in the heat of the food especially well.
If you're anything like me, you'll also appreciate the bottle opener on the front for ease too.
BillyOh Gas BBQ Grill and Charcoal BBQ Smoker
Another product absolutely filled with features that will make your life easier, the gas side has three burners to cover the area with a great, consistent amount of heat, and a good size area right next to it for a charcoal too!
The gripped wheels and the folding shelves mean you can make the BBQ smaller and then easily move it around your garden to optimise your space!
The temperature gauge and storage area can help to keep those stress levels at a minimum whilst out in the garden too.
CosmoGrill Barbecue DUO Gas Grill + Charcoal Smoker Portable BBQ
CosmoGrill Barbecue DUO Gas Grill + Charcoal Smoker Portable BBQ (Black)
- The CosmoGrill Outdoor Duo provides the best of both worlds, combining gas and charcoal to form the ultimate barbecue. Featuring two generously sized grilling areas extending over 80cm combined, the cooking techniques are endless with grilling, smoking or both at any time. The barbecue is perfect for entertaining up to 20 people with a banquet of sausages, burgers, wings, pork chops, corn on the cob and plenty more.
- GAS GRILL: Three stainless steel burners and a side burner with power totalling 9 kW, that can be ignited and adjusted individually to provide better control over grilling. The side burner can be used to perfect sauces and cook vegetables enabling you to create several meals in one go. Grill temperature reaches up to 280℃ and so it’s great if you want to get adventurous with cooking new meats. Removable grease tray for easy clean up. Also included is a propane gas 37 mbar regulator and hose!
- CHARCOAL SMOKER: Fire chamber creating an ‘offset smoker’ effect for you to cook ribs with deep red smoke rings and briskets with exceptionally crisp “bark”. Chimney and adjustable air vents to facilitate better flow of heat and smoke for the optimum flame grilled flavour. Height adjustable coal tray with 6 settings to provide the right amount of heat required. Smoker provides variable heat distribution around the grill enabling you to cook meats/veg with specific requirements all together.
- MADE WITH YOU IN MIND: Removable cast iron grill grates that are easy to clean in the sink! Two thermostats in ℉ and ℃ for more control over temperatures. Stainless steel warming rack to keep food heated. Bottom shelf storage for condiments and food preparation utensils. Four castor wheels for quick transportation and mobility around the garden.
A slightly cheaper, but still great value product from CosmoGrill, its an easy to use and easy to set up grill, with a fantastic cooking size, 86 x 84 in total, 43 x 42 for each fuel source.
The gas side includes three burners, as well as another additional side burner to bring temperatures up to 280 degrees, more than enough for any of your cooking needs.
The grease tray is removable and so are the cast iron grates, making it especially easy when it comes time to clean up!
We've done our best to provide a selection of the market, as finding a dual fuel grill that covers your needs properly can be an extremely difficult find, but once you figure out if you're looking for convenience or size or anything in between, there should be something available here for you!
Last update on 2022-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API